The first week of October is National Walk Your Dog Week, and for good reason! Here is a list found on PetMD of some the benefits of walking your special friend:
- Like humans, pets will be healthier with exercise. It keeps them agile and limber.
- Weight control! Pets can also over indulge in yummy food and it's necessary to walk that off.
- Walking is very good for your dog's digestive system. It can also aid in relieving constipation.
- It curbs that bad behavior. Dogs often chew on furniture, bark, dig, and scratch out of boredom. Exercise will keep that behavior under better control.
- Going along with number the last item, walks will work out your dog's extra energy. This leads to less excitability, better sleep, and easier relaxation.
- Have a whiny pet? This is often a sign your dog is seeking more attention. Going for a walk will give you time together as well as work out that whine energy.
- Walking your pet also reinforces that bond. They will have more trust for you and a stronger attachment.
Of course, walking your dog is also good for you. So, put on your walking shoes and get Fido moving! For a look at the whole list, check here .
What's That Dial!?Often mistaken for a volume dial, the customer gets the unit home and cranks it all the way up hoping to silence the dog's barking for good. But by turning the dial all the way up they are unknowingly causing more harm than good.
Too Much Whining While Dining?When you need a quiet, yet commanding approach to training against unwanted behaviors, theres OnGuard™. This handheld trainer utilizes silent ultrasonic sound that will deter your dog without putting your family on blast.
What will ultrasonic sound go through?
We are often asked if ultrasonic sound will go through walls or fences. Keep reading to find out, and to learn how to get the most out of your dog-silencing devices like the Dog Silencer MAX. What is ultrasonic sound? Ultrasonic sound refers to any sound frequency above the range of normal human hearing. Although it is nonharmful, dogs can hear this sound and find it irritating. This makes it a good deterrent for bad behavior such as nuisance barking. When used properly, ultrasonic sound can be a powerful training device! What will ultrasonic sound go through? Think of it...
Dog Silencer Featured on KXXV Channel 25 in Waco, TXOriginally aired on KXXV Channel 25 in Waco, TX, this tells the story of a local resident's challenges with the constant barking of her neighbor's dog.
Pro Tips for Using the Dog SilencerWith these tips, you can use the Dog Silencer® like a Good Life Bark Control Expert.