The first week of October is National Walk Your Dog Week, and for good reason! Here is a list found on PetMD of some the benefits of walking your special friend:
- Like humans, pets will be healthier with exercise. It keeps them agile and limber.
- Weight control! Pets can also over indulge in yummy food and it's necessary to walk that off.
- Walking is very good for your dog's digestive system. It can also aid in relieving constipation.
- It curbs that bad behavior. Dogs often chew on furniture, bark, dig, and scratch out of boredom. Exercise will keep that behavior under better control.
- Going along with number the last item, walks will work out your dog's extra energy. This leads to less excitability, better sleep, and easier relaxation.
- Have a whiny pet? This is often a sign your dog is seeking more attention. Going for a walk will give you time together as well as work out that whine energy.
- Walking your pet also reinforces that bond. They will have more trust for you and a stronger attachment.
Of course, walking your dog is also good for you. So, put on your walking shoes and get Fido moving! For a look at the whole list, check here .
Pro Tip: BarkWise Collar SizingThe length of the nylon collar strap can be adjusted from 6—24 inches.
Pro Tip: Using Dog Tags and Other Collars with BarkWise“For best results we recommend removing your dog’s regular collar and tags while using the BarkWise Collar.”
Pro Tip: Dog Silencer Faceplates“We offer 3 faceplate covers that will help the Dog Silencer blend in almost anywhere.
Pro Tip: Adjusting the BarkWise Collar Switches“BarkWise Complete Collar offers a combination of sound, vibration, and remote control settings.”
Pro Tip: Green LED Light on the Dog Silencer MAX“You want to make sure that you only see this flashing light when the dog is barking-and at no other time.”