Think it's just you sneezing?
Nope - dogs have allergies too! They're just like us: they can inhale, ingest or have skin allergies. The most common allergens are grass, trees, cigarette smoke, perfumes, foods and fleas. How do you know if your dog is allergic to something?
Watch for these common symptoms:
- Itchy, runny or red eyes.
- Increased scratching. Red skin can indicate too much scratching as well. When focus is on the ears, it could mean an ear infection
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea.
- Constant licking or chewing at paws.
And here's how to prevent allergies:
- Fleas: Use a flea medicine or collar regularly to help prevent a flea breakout.
- Foods: Read all ingredients prior to trying new foods or treats.
- Give baths regularly. Dogs can get “build up” on their fur. You like clean hair, don't you?
- For red or itchy skin, try giving your dog an oatmeal bath. It'll help soothe irritated skin.
- Clean food and water bowls regularly. They can grow bacteria, especially if water bowls are left in the hot sun for long hours. Plus, they need fresh water too!
If your dog has any of the above symptoms and not improving, schedule an appointment with your veterinarian. After a physical examination, she may be able to determine the allergy source. Once diagnosed, it's best to remove the allergen (if possible) away from the dog. In some cases, antihistamines, such as Benadryl, can be given.
But always ask your vet before administering any medication. Just to be safe!
What's That Dial!?Often mistaken for a volume dial, the customer gets the unit home and cranks it all the way up hoping to silence the dog's barking for good. But by turning the dial all the way up they are unknowingly causing more harm than good.
Too Much Whining While Dining?When you need a quiet, yet commanding approach to training against unwanted behaviors, theres OnGuard™. This handheld trainer utilizes silent ultrasonic sound that will deter your dog without putting your family on blast.
What will ultrasonic sound go through?
We are often asked if ultrasonic sound will go through walls or fences. Keep reading to find out, and to learn how to get the most out of your dog-silencing devices like the Dog Silencer MAX. What is ultrasonic sound? Ultrasonic sound refers to any sound frequency above the range of normal human hearing. Although it is nonharmful, dogs can hear this sound and find it irritating. This makes it a good deterrent for bad behavior such as nuisance barking. When used properly, ultrasonic sound can be a powerful training device! What will ultrasonic sound go through? Think of it...
Dog Silencer Featured on KXXV Channel 25 in Waco, TXOriginally aired on KXXV Channel 25 in Waco, TX, this tells the story of a local resident's challenges with the constant barking of her neighbor's dog.
Pro Tips for Using the Dog SilencerWith these tips, you can use the Dog Silencer® like a Good Life Bark Control Expert.