If your dog is not accustomed to wearing training collars, or using ultrasonic training, it's best to introduce training with the BarkWise Complete steadily. Remember the number one goal is to have your dog choose not to bark, rather than hear the sound.
- Acclimation Period. Have your dog wear the collar, without turning it on, for the full first day. This allows your dog to become familiar with the weight and feel of it. This also allows the owner to make sure the collar fits correctly.
Begin Training. While not totally necessary for success, it's helpful for some dogs to begin training on Remote Only mode. Do this by having the REM switch on the control panel flipped downward. This gives you total control of the training. This is important because:
- Some dogs respond better when their owner is present.
- You can combine the punishment of the collar with a stern command, and give treats when the dog stops barking.
- Consistency is Key. Just like teaching them to sit or roll over, it does take practice. Some bad barking habits are really ingrained. Stick with it and don't get too discouraged.
- Give Time for Rest. Breaking bad habits and learning new skills is tiring work (you'd think barking would be enough, huh?). We recommend only wearing the collar during the training periods, or times of the day when barking is the worst. This helps your dog learn that the collar is a punishment for the barking, and not just something that's around all the time regardless.
What's That Dial!?Often mistaken for a volume dial, the customer gets the unit home and cranks it all the way up hoping to silence the dog's barking for good. But by turning the dial all the way up they are unknowingly causing more harm than good.
Too Much Whining While Dining?When you need a quiet, yet commanding approach to training against unwanted behaviors, theres OnGuard™. This handheld trainer utilizes silent ultrasonic sound that will deter your dog without putting your family on blast.
What will ultrasonic sound go through?
We are often asked if ultrasonic sound will go through walls or fences. Keep reading to find out, and to learn how to get the most out of your dog-silencing devices like the Dog Silencer MAX. What is ultrasonic sound? Ultrasonic sound refers to any sound frequency above the range of normal human hearing. Although it is nonharmful, dogs can hear this sound and find it irritating. This makes it a good deterrent for bad behavior such as nuisance barking. When used properly, ultrasonic sound can be a powerful training device! What will ultrasonic sound go through? Think of it...
Dog Silencer Featured on KXXV Channel 25 in Waco, TXOriginally aired on KXXV Channel 25 in Waco, TX, this tells the story of a local resident's challenges with the constant barking of her neighbor's dog.
Pro Tips for Using the Dog SilencerWith these tips, you can use the Dog Silencer® like a Good Life Bark Control Expert.